MCC Nepal is hiring an Administration and Finance Assistant to work in our Lalitpur, Kathmandu office.
See the Position Summary and Qualifications below, and apply by December 31st.
Job Title: Administration and Finance Assistant
Location: MCC Nepal Office in Lalitpur
Position Summary: MCC Nepal is seeking an additional staff person for up to three years to assist with the increased administration and finance duties within the country program related to its Nepal Earthquake response.
The Administration and Finance Assistant will work closely with the Administration and Finance Officer to organize fund transfers to partner organizations, prepare monthly bank/cash reconciliations, internal accounting transactions, payroll sheets and enter all financial activities into MCC’s accounting software (FASWin) each month. The Administration and Finance Assistant will also update and deposit TAX/VAT, perform delivery tasks, manage the office supplies and make logistic arrangements.
1. Commitment to MCC Nepal’s values
2. Minimum 1 year of experience working in the INGO/NGO sector
3. Intermediate/10+2 in Accounting or related field
Required Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
1. Minimum 1 year experience working in the development sector
2. Knowledge of basic accounting principles
3. Basic knowledge of Government of Nepal accounting requirements and TAX/VAT policies or ability to learn those requirements outside of the working hours
4. Advanced computer skills and willing to learn new computer programs including accounting software
5. Excellent attention to detail and skilled in data entry
6. Advanced interpersonal skills and communication skills (Nepali and English)
7. Self-motivated, able to work alone to deadlines, knows when to seek help
8. Open to feedback and willing to learn
9. Two wheeler driving licence holder preferred.
Qualified candidates should apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 31st December, 2015. Only those shortlisted for a written test and interview will be contacted. Learn more about MCC at www.mcc.org .