Job Title: Earthquake Program Support Officer
Location: MCC Office in Lalitpur, 50% travel to working areas
About MCC Nepal: MCC Nepal’s vision is that its partners will have the passion and capacity to work together with poor and marginalized communities to address their basic human needs and work for peace and justice. Currently, MCC Nepal partners with 8 NGOs in 12 districts across the country in the thematic sectors of food security, education, health, disaster relief and community institution building. MCC Nepal values open and transparent partnerships, living simply and caring for the environment, ending discrimination, and working for social and economic justice.
MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Position Summary: The PSO will work closely with the Earthquake Response Advisor, MCC Program Coordinators, and the Country Representatives to support MCC Nepal’s partner organizations with documentation, monitoring and evaluation for earthquake response projects. The PSO is supervised by the Program & Government Relations Coordinator.
- Commitment to MCC Nepal’s values
- 2+ years of experience in related work (community development, health, livelihoods, disaster response)
- Experience working in rural areas of Nepal
- Experience with community engagement and participatory monitoring & evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Sociology or related field or comparable experience
- Nepali national/Eligible to work in Nepal
Required Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds
- Team player, able to work collaboratively with colleagues at MCC and partner organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali
- Strong computer skills and experience with database entry
- Demonstrated competence in qualitative and quantitative research methods and participatory methods
- Self-motivated, able to work alone to deadlines, knows when to seek help
- Willingness and ability to frequently travel to remote districts and walk to hilly remote areas
- Assist with timely implementation of the earthquake recovery program activities in the districts through partner organizations.
- Regular follow up and monitoring visits to partner organizations and working areas (50% travel)
- Coaching and capacity building support to partners in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with partner organizations to ensure high quality and timely program and financial reporting.
- Learn MCC’s project database software and ensure timely updates of indicator and output data
- Assist with hosting MCC-related visitors to the earthquake recovery projects
- Stay up-to-date on government policies and procedures related to earthquake recovery and reconstruction, and share knowledge with partners
- Participate in professional development trainings, workshops and visits organized by MCC.
- Take on other responsibilities as may be required by supervisor or Country Representative.
Qualified candidates should apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 20, 2016. Only those shortlisted for a written test and interview will be contacted.