MCC Nepal is looking for Nepali unmarried Christian youth (18-30 yrs) who are passionate about peace and community service to serve in 11-month volunteer internships from August 2019 to July 2020. Volunteers live in a new culture while serving in places like schools, farms, NGOs and day cares. Placements are in countries where MCC works around the world, including Asia, Africa, Latin America and North America. All living costs for the year and travel to and from the placement are covered by MCC. More information on these programs can be found at http://yamen.mcc.org/ and http://ivep.mcc.org/
The first step to apply for this program is to write an essay responding to the following questions, and submit it to MCC along with a recent CV:
1. Please list your interests, recreational activities and hobbies.
2. Explain why you would like to be involved in IVEP or YAMEN!. How will participating in this program impact your long-term goals?
3. What do Jesus Christ and the Christian faith mean to you? How does your faith affect the way you live?
4. Explain the role of the Christian community in your life and in your decision to serve with MCC. Describe your involvement in the church you attend.
5. Please summarize your understanding of the Biblical call to non-violence, to love others and to peacemaking, and your personal response to that call. What are your beliefs about military training and participation in war?
6. Write about a time when you observed racism, sexism or other forms of oppression, or participated in efforts to work against racism, sexism or other forms of oppression. Please elaborate.
7. Please provide a list of experiences you’ve had living or working in another culture or with people of different cultures or ethnic backgrounds, using the categories below.
– Cultures/Ethnicities experienced
Essays will be judged based on content, readability, originality, Biblical references, fluency of English language, and adherence to the below stated essay requirements.
Word count: 1,000 minimum to 1,500 maximum
File format: PDF
Submit essay and CV online at: http://bit.do/mccnepalapply
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2018
The writers of the best essays will be invited for an interview at MCC’s office in Ekantakuna, Lalitpur.
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
- Committed Christians who are active church members
- Completion of a Plus two or intermediate degree in any field and enrolled for Bachelor degree study
- Excellent English skills
Applications by women, members of marginalized ethnic/caste groups and residents of rural/remote areas are particularly encouraged.