MCCers from North America began serving in Nepal in the 1950s through United Mission to Nepal (UMN). Since 2009, MCC has been working independently as an international NGO registered with Nepal’s Social Welfare Council. MCC’s programming is based on partnerships with Nepali NGOs and community-based organizations active in transforming their communities.
MCC was established by North American Mennonites in 1920 to provide relief for European Mennonites suffering from famine after the First World War. It has since expanded into a global nonprofit organization committed to working for relief, development, and peace in the name of Christ.